Monday, October 19, 2009

I have become...

... my grandmother. At least in one little aspect today. Aside from the fact that if my nails get long, several of them curl under just like hers did, I don't resemble my mother's mother anywhere near as much as I do my father's mother. At least physically.

So today, I stopped to look for something my mother mentioned she was looking for. Instead of finding the flavor she told me about, I ended up buying a can of International Coffee mix in French Vanilla... in decaf and sugar free. (Why bother, right? ha ha) It was Nanny's favorite. She used to go on and on about how much she liked having one cup of it every day. I'll admit, the Pumpkin Spice my mother is seeking is much more up my alley, but that didn't stop me from picking up the French Vanilla anyway. And, you know what? During naptime, I mixed up some. Sure enough. It was pretty good.

I probably won't grow my nails that long anytime soon, but I might start a habit of having a hot cup of fake coffee during naptime.





1 comment:

  1. I've been keeping up with your blog, although I haven't done well about updating my own. Your pics really get me jazzed about wanting to learn more about photography...where do you suggest is a good place to start learning (with a limited amount of time & budget)?
    Have LOVED several of your last stories! I think I'm going to try the pumpkin hammering - what a cool idea!! I wish we had a nearby children's museum to take the kids to on a regular basis. I totally understand your rant about the clothing issue - even from a teacher's perspective, that was just wrong. When I taught Pre-K, I checked bags and asked the kids, is that all you have to wear today? Really, it could have and should have been handled better. So sorry you had to deal with that!!

    ReplyDelete