Sunday, October 4, 2009

HEY LEWIS!!

Yes, all capital letters because he was yelling. They just woke up from nap and Carl is sitting on the couch. He looks over at Daddy and yells, "Hey Lewis!" Laughing, Lew replied, "What Carl?" and Carl said, "Let's go another swimming."

Carl loves swimming. He thinks if he even casually mentions it, you'll drop everything and go. He says things like, "time to go back to swimming." and "Go this way to the swimming pool" to convince you that it is a good idea. We joinged the YWCA's pool, so we're going pretty much every Saturday morning. The Family Swim hours are every day until 8 pm, though. Wait until he finds out sometime that you can go after supper! Carl loves going under water - he'll gladly take off his swim vest and jump around swimming on his own. He dunks himself completely and comes up smiling every time. "It's like a fish!" comes out of his mouth a lot.

Last week, I took Gretchen alone one morning while Carl was at school and then took Carl alone on one of Gretchen's school days. I was really impressed when the lady at the counter spoke up on the second day, "Wait a minute. That isn't the child you had with you yesterday. That was a girl, this is a little boy!" I like her... not only is she paying very close attention to the comings and goings of people in the building, but she knew Gretchen was a girl! Oh how I wish I had a nickel for every time someone has called gretchen a boy. I could buy plane tickets and fly you all down here to hear these cute things in person with the money I could collect one nickel at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment