The Robot
Sponge Bob Square Pants
The mad scientist who took them out in public to beg for candy from neighbors...
She showed up just today on the house... but she had been hanging out in the bushes out front. She is getting closer to trying to invite herself into the house. (if you click on the picture, it will be cleared...tee hee)
The kids' first grade teacher told me I should go into business selling Halloween costumes.
I went into their class today to read them our favorite Halloween story, Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman and then stayed for lunch. After lunch, they had one lesson in the computer lab and then they returned to the classroom for a little Fall Festival party. Not a Halloween party. No costumes or Halloween stuff is allowed. We had some pretzels, juice boxes and I brought a craft project. Luckily, I had both fall themed and Halloween themed possibilities for the frames they could decorate. The teacher was able to go get the one little boy who had to leave the room when she thought it was 'Halloween only' on the party stuff. She was pleased we could include him, too. So was I.
Everyone had a fun time and we even got a group photo as well as a picture of Gretchen and her 2 friends who had on the same pumpkin sequin shirt that she did! Then, Carl jumped into a shot since he was wearing his sequins, too. And the best part - no homework on Halloween night! They only had to do their 15 minutes of nightly reading. Now, that was a treat!!!
Happy Halloween, Everyone! I may come back with an update after they return from Trick or Treating. By the way, it is currently 7:32 and we have only had 14 kids come by so far.
_____________________________________________________
OK. They got home at 8:00. Carl immediately ate some fruit snacks. Then, he opened a box of Dots before we could stop him. Then, he almost cried when we stopped him from opening another box. Dude, you didn't really think you could eat this all tonight, did you? Gretchen asked for one Kit Kat bar. They had fun doing a little Trick or Treating, but both agreed that next year's costumes will not be made out of boxes. Apparently, Carl's was very hard to walk in. They could have ripped the bottom open to help, but didn't. Gretchen's arm covers didn't last the whole night, but her hat did. But, people told them they looked very cute. One little boy even recognized Lew in his lab coat... "Hey! Last year you were Dr Doofenschmirtz!" How cool is that? Lew is a Halloween legend around these here parts!
We had 22 kids come to our door. I gave out 24 candy bars. 1 went to Carl when he got home... he grabbed a Fruit by the Foot pack out of the bowl. the other duplicate went to a tiny little girl with tattoos ALL over her arms!! Her big brother quickly picked a Snickers bar and then asked politely, "Oh, can I trade this for one without peanuts?" So, this tiny little girl asked politely, "Can I trade this in?" and she then pulled an empty candy bar wrapper out of her pumpkin and tossed it in my bowl - taking a second Rice Krispie Treat. Seriously, how could I say 'no' to a biker princess chick covered in tats?
The Haul.
My mom called to talk to the kids. Here's Carl quizzing her about what Kate, Claire and Joe wore for costumes. He was excited to get to talk to Uncle Kenny as a bonus. Kenny dressed as a fisherman and sent Lew a photo, but Lew cannot figure out how to get it off his phone for me. Don't ask him. He'll just yell at you.












No comments:
Post a Comment