Next up on the schedule... It's a Small World! It doesn't get much more "Disney" that this.
We then headed over to Adventure Land where Gretchen and I rode the Magic Carpets ( a very Dumbo like ride) while the boys rode the Big Thunder Mt RR roller coaster. The wait was almost nothing on this ride, we rode several times in a row.
Next, we ate lunch at Cosmic Rays. Here you can see the counter as you order and wait for your food.
After lunch, we actually sent Mom over to wait in a line to meet Rapunzel. We were told this line would be hours long - but it was only a few minutes before Mom flagged us over. They take in large groups and we were going to make the cut off for the next group let in. So, we may have waited a half hour. Only Gretchen and I went in. Honestly, I cannot remember what the boys went to do. It might have been ride the Speedway cars. It may have beef truck it back over to the BTMRR. Once they bring the group in, the kids can color together while the adults stay in live. Gretchen loved this! I'm not sure Carl would have been so excited and patient.
Gretchen said meeting Rapunzel was one of her favorite parts of the vacation. She is still talking about how her hair was braided to help it not be so long.
Gretchen, Mom and I rode the People Mover around to check things out for above. That actually may have been one of my favorites. We did not ride it the year before. It is pretty cool. Here's Gretchen looking out over the castle. Wouldn't you love to know what she is imagining? Later, we would ride it with Carl and Lew - and Carl's favorite part was riding over the speedway cars, of course.
This is taken from the People Mover. It is the entrance to Space Mountain. I took the shot to show you what the crowd level in early November looks like.
On our way to the next activity, we saw some people gathered so we peeked at what they were looking at. Turns out, a Cast Member who was sweeping the street had stopped to do a little artwork.
Gretchen, Mom and I went on to wait to meet Tinkerbell and Rosetta, one of the other fairies. That may have been the longest wait to meet a character that we encountered. I think we spent about 45 minutes in line, but you were in a big room with TVs playing cartoons, so it was not a bad wait. Once it was your turn to enter, you were magically shrinked (shrunk?) down to fairy size before you could enter. The scenery was amazing! We only had crayons, but they loaned us magic markers for the fairies to sign with because they have very intricate signatures.
All that waiting made us hungry! We met back up with the boys and had a yummy Dole Whip snack. And ice cream for Carl. We used to be able to get Dole Whip out in Buffalo so it wasn't anything new to us, but from reading various Disney message boards, I think not many people know what it is. People go nuts for it! These are pineapple and orange floats. Yum! I told you we entered the park at 9:30? Well, these cool treat pictures were taken at 4 pm. Getting late on us.
We worked our way back to Main Street for a little shopping. You get to pass the castle all the time!
Everything is decked out for the holidays in November.
Hey there, hi there, ho there!
You're as welcome as can be!
M-i-c...k-e-y..... M-o-u-s-e!We had a couple family photos taken.
(See the guy in the wheelchair under my elbow? That is why you should always smile when you are walking around, You never know how many photos you may end up in.)
They even let us hold Tinkerbell for a moment! Magic!Then, back to the condo. Carl loves the monorail. This is one of my favorite photos from the week. I love that Carl and Gretchen seem to be mesmerized, but I like that the Cast Member is looking at them smiling, as if he realizes how cool that the monorail he works with for hours a day still can seem to a 5 year old. or two.
Later that evening.... shhhh......
























No comments:
Post a Comment