Saturday, October 6, 2012

a vision of teenagers

Carl & Gretchen did their impression of teenagers today.  They each took 2 showers!

First was in the morning.  Second was in the evening - after we went to the beach.

This morning we met some friends at Home Depot for the monthly kids' workshop craft project.  They were making wooden firetrucks and painting them.  I'll come back tomorrow and add pictures of the actual trucks.  They had a lot of fun with the project and their friends.  Lew took a couple pictures on his phone for us.


Then, on to bowling at 10.  After that, we headed to IHOP for lunch.  Then some grocery shopping.  Nap.  A little shopping at AC Moore. Beach!!  It was 85* here today, after all.  They love the beach.  They made some sand castles.  We accidentally left Carl's sand car in the van, but weren't willing to hike back to the van to retrieve it for him.  He was sad for about .5 second.  Then, he was off to build another castle and then head to the waves.  Lew didn't get in tonight, but I did.  It was fun!  The water temp is still in the high 70s.  Gretchen wouldn't come out with us to where the waves aren't crashing on you, but Carl loves swimming out into the open water.   Then, back home for a shower, supper and bed.

Yesterday was Field Day at school.  I photographed all the grades - so I spent from 8:30 to 2:00 taking pictures.  Tons of pictures.  Then, the kids took a nap after school to prepare for their 8-10 PM baseball game.  Yup.  An '8 and under' league that plays from 8-10 pm.  It was a long day.  Luckily, nothing went wrong today after being up until 10:30 last night.  Naps both days helped.

Tomorrow, we have baseball practice from 11 am - 12:30 pm.  Then, home for a fast lunch so Lew can go to a Cub Scout parents info meeting.  We are supposed to be selling popcorn. And gearing up for camping.  Carl's Den has not had a meeting yet so we really have no info.  This meeting tomorrow is supposed to be to ask questions. Well, we don't have enough info as of yet to know what questions we need to ask.  Girl Scouts is not any more organized.  Both are bugging me.

We just ended a busy week.  This one coming up is a little lighter, but not much.  Hey - we don't have school off on Monday.  Bummer.  A lot of my friends north of the border will be cooking turkeys Monday. mmm.... pumpkin pie!!!  Maybe I should bake one in their honor.

1 comment:

  1. Holy busy weekend! I agree that a game until 10 is ridiculous! Even aside from being tired the next day, my kids are extremely goofy by 9 and would not be able to handle playing that late.

    Our brownies are no more organized than the scouts. Drives me batty. I was also surpised at how un-perky the leaders were...I expected Gymboree type leaders that would be nauseatingly enthusiastic.

    No turkey for us this weekend either, but I will take some of that pie!

    The kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete