When we were babies we lived in New York. We didn't have any hair.
Last week, Gretchen brought in the map to the Children's Museum and Carl brought in the leaf rubbing he made there. One week they brought Happy Meal toys. One week Gretchen brought the bear I sewed for her last year so it wouldn't get lost. Of course, by now, that bear is special - I am grateful he came home! I still hate Show and Tell. The teachers know this and even went so far as to tell me the kids could skip bringing in the physical item as long as they did the drawing and sentences. This weekly assignment is proving to be quite a challenge in creativity for me. Luckily, the other 3 nights of homework are for the kids.
So, this week - we have gone with a favorite treat around here. Popcorn! I packed up 20 little baggies of this pretty popcorn and 5 bags of plain white for those who are like Carl and don't care for sweets. I have brought popcorn in for snacks before - even on their birthday! - and yes, there are other little kids who don't like the colored kind.
mmm... show and tell!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment