Tuesday, December 13, 2011

must be Santa...

... must be Santa, must be Santa. Santa Claus.

If you have young kids around, you are now humming that Raffi song.  That is what Gretchen & Carl's kindergarten class performed yesterday at the Kindergarten Breakfast with Santa concert.  Each of the kindergarten classes sang one song followed by the entire group singing.  So, for the twins' class, Gretchen had the opening line!  Another little boy had been assigned that solo part, but apparently, he couldn't keep the tempo correctly so the teacher asked Gretchen to do it.  She was so proud!!  And, she was awesome!! 

(I have been trying literally all day long to upload the video of that one song.  I wrote this blog early this morning.  I am giving up on getting the video on here.  You would have loved it.)

After breakfast, the kids came into the cafeteria to have breakfast and they were surprised to find Santa was joining them!  Each child got to sit with Santa and tell him what they would like for Christmas and pose for a picture with him.  Prints of the photos will be sent home with the kids today...a s soon as I pick them up after having them printed and bring them up to school.  Yup.  They asked me to photograph the kids.  And, I agreed. 

Actually, the lady said, "If you don't want to do it, someone else could do it with your camera."  Ha ha!  Everyone knows that having a good camera = taking good pictures.  There is a photography joke about a man who goes to dinner at a friend's house.  All evening, he hears people say his pictures are beautiful and ask him what camera he has.   Before he goes to leave, he compliments the hostess on the wonderful meal and adds, "You must have some really nice pots." 

Lew didn't snap a shot of me with my set-up, but I borrowed an umbrella light and another tripod for my own flash.  It made for a lot of pressure because I looked like I knew what I was doing.  What if the shots were horrible after all that?  Well, I wasn't that worried... the parents did not know this was going to happen and weren't expecting anything, so how much pressure could that equate to, right?  They aren't award winning photos, but I will say... the kids all looked soooo cute.  How could the shots not look good?  I think the parents will be happy to get their copies.


Carl wasn't crazy about wearing the vest because he didn't want to cover up his red shirt, but once he put it on, he was fine about wearing it.  Turns out, there is enough leftover when making a jumper to make the front panels of a vest!  Good to know!! 
Yes, Gretchen has a big scrape on her face.  I removed in in a few of the Santa photos.  She fell on the playground Sunday morning and cut the inside of her lip.  She managed to only get a few scrapes on her face, but there is a little bruising, too.  She loved having a chocolate protein shake for lunch and red jello (that we happened to already have made...  what are the odds?) and don't worry -she is still fully capable of eating her Halloween candy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment