This afternoon, we headed to the local Rail Road Museum for the Polar Express event. They hold them on weekends in December and have local television celebrities reading the story to the kids. It has been years since I
But, this version was a great length since many of the kids were younger than mine. Several were older, too. When I bought the tickets, they encouraged me to dress the kids in their jammies for comfort and fun. They were happy to get to wear their new gingerbread pajamas. The good news is... they will not trip on the stairs running down to the tree on Christmas morning. (Guess it is a good thing I did not cut the pajama pants to hem them, I simply tucked it all up inside the leg and sewed the hem quite high. I'll have to let it out soon.)
After the story, which was very well read with a jolly deep Santa voice, Santa appeared and each child was given a jingle bell just like the main character of the story has received. Each child could sit with Santa and tell him what they would like for Christmas. I did not get to hear Carl's request, but Gretchen told me he asked for a "Talking Nemo stuffed animal and a gummy cheeseburger." I was close enough to hear Gretchen ask for a Holiday Barbie. Santa said, "What else?" and she replied, "I can't think of anything else." The Barbie is all she has wanted all along. I truly think Santa will be able to make their wishes come true this Christmas.
It was a nice afternoon event and possibly something of a new tradition. A wonderful kick-off to the holiday season!!



No comments:
Post a Comment