Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2 hours at the dentist

Oh man.  Last Friday I broke a molar (on Lucky Charms.....magically delicious???) and had to find a dentist here.  I did that really fast, actually.  I somehow managed to break this tooth, call Lew to ask what insurance we have, find a dentist in our plan, call, get an appointment, go in, have it really temporarily capped for the weekend and get home all in 90 minutes!! 

Monday they had me come in for a cleaning.  I had not been to a dentist in over 6 years.  The hygienist gushed over how perfect my teeth are and how clean they were and how my gums didn't bleed and how I must floss regularly (which I do... you should, too, you know!)  and she even ended by saying I don't need to come in every 6 months for a cleaning - I could wait a full year.  My teeth are awesome.  Oh -and she said she hopes my kids get my teeth.  I even have my wisdom teeth in there still.  The cleaning went well.

Then, this morning I went back in to have an oxymoron put on.  You know... a long lasting temporary. 

It was 2 hours in the chair.  Halfway through, I asked for a bathroom break!  I looked at the clock and it was over an hour of him drilling away at the old tooth.  While it didn't hurt, eeeww ... that sound coupled with the smell of heat as the tooth got worn away was pretty unpleasant. 

By the time I left, I had a wicked headache.  It hasn't gone away yet.  So, this concludes my regularly scheduled blog broadcast.  I am not going to sit at this computer screen more than the three minutes I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment