Saturday, December 10, 2011

holiday music

Today, we are going to the mall to hear Tuba Christmas.  I love it!  Low brass playing Christmas carols - and they invite you to sing along.   Look them up in your area and go!  It will be a group of local euphonium and tuba players (with maybe a flugelhorn player thrown into the mix) who have all volunteered to come together to play for you.  You'll have all ages... anyone from young students to college musicians to teachers to retired players.  This is a group that is used to playing the bass line.  Playing oompah music in the background for other instruments to take the melody.  You can see they are totally enjoying their time to shine and belt out the melody.  And, if your group is anything like the performers here... they'll be decked out in hats and have everything from tinsel to Christmas lights strung up on their instruments.

Now, if you happen to read any of the blogs I follow over on the right hand side, you will already have seen this.  Or maybe it is going around the internet.  I don't know.  Meg's blog 'whatever' was the only place I have seen it so far.  And, I love it! 

Hope you enjoy it, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment