Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"she is 35, you know"

Today, Carl had a make-up OT session at 9:00 am at school. Usually, he only sees Andrea on Mondays, but she missed last week so scheduled this make-up. Boy, was Gretchen psyched because she & Carl both go to school on Tuesdays. She has never met Andrea and she couldn't wait! (unfortunately, the session happens outside of the classroom, so Gretchen didn't get to interact with her anyway.)

Carl is head over heels in love with Andrea, by the way. It was love at first sight last November when they first met. This is awesome because she helps him with things he doesn't generally enjoy. If he did... he wouldn't need OT for them, right? So, for her to get him writing, cutting and just doing small motor stuff is great.

Back to this morning.

Andrea was arriving just as we were. Carl said, "You haven't meet Gretchen yet." I corrected him, "She hasn't MET her yet" and he rephrased his question. Andrea said, "You're right, Carl. Hello, Gretchen, I'm Andrea." and with that... Gretchen extended her right hand to Andrea, shook hers while saying, "Hi Andrea. I'm Gretchen. It's nice to meet you."

I laughed and shook my head and turned to look at their teacher. Miss Diane was laughing, too and shrugged her shoulders at me. "She is 35, you know?" To which I replied, "Yeah, sometimes I forget she isn't." "Oh, I know. I know."

That was the one "problem" at Gretchen's parent/teacher conference. Gretchen needs to remember she is not an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment