Big news! We are getting a new car! No no no. Not a new car, a new to us car. Really - you know me better than that, don't you?
We are going to do two things that go against our inner-car-buying-cores, too.
1. we are going to take on a car payment.
2. we are going to buy a car before our existing car dies
Usually, we drive our cars until they are 99% dead. Then we give them to the VanPraags. Kind of a tradition. We did have a payment on our '92 Volvo and hated it. That's why we swore we wouldn't do it again. But, here we are breaking rules. And, it isn't the '92 we're getting rid of. I do so love that car!! It's going to be the '97 station wagon. Lew didn't seem to be interested in the green '74 Nova they have for sale downtown, so we're going with something a bit newer. '08 or newer, hopefully. The newer age might break another rule... the van might come with video monitors in it. So far, the twins have made numerous long car trips (long. 16, 18 hours... long) without knowing you can watch TV in the car. Everyone tells us this piece of euqipment is essential for long trips. Hmm, we seem to be surviving. Last trip home, a friend gave us their kids' outgrown car BINGO cards. Can't play that fun game if you are glued to the video monitor.
But, because we are breaking the drive-'em-'til-they-die rule, we can be choosy. We're waiting for the right used, white minivan to pop up. I've never gotten to choose a car color, and this time, I really want a white minivan. So, we're going for it and ... waiting for white!!!
________________________________
**update** I haven't even published this yet and Lew - not knowing what I am typing - says, "I think I am going to rule against you on the minivan color. I saw one listed that is red and it only has 40,000 miles on it." So much for choosing my color.
No comments:
Post a Comment