Saturday, June 6, 2009

just a Friday account

Today was pretty busy and productive. We started the day off with Carl's speech session and his other therapist joined us. Every few minutes, he'd stop, look at her and smile and say "Hi Ashlie!" Actually, he gives it 3 syllables "Ash-uh-lee". She's as crazy about him as he is of her. We're hoping that he will get to keep his current speech therapist, Tracy, too. Things might change with schedules in the fall and she might not be needed to cover the overflow they had this school year. I really hope she gets to stay with us because I really like her - and because she is already Carl's second SLP. I want him to have some stability. Anyway, with them both here and Gretchen in the session, too, it was loud and silly and fun. Maybe not super productive for articulation, but certainly good for conversation and interaction.

We played outside a little after they left with sidewalk chalk out front. Carl ran from one neighbor's sidewalk all the way to the other's several times. Yay - good for the upcoming nap! Lunch was good and they watched Curious George before going down for nap.

During nap I started my camera bag sewing project. I wanted to make something light and easy to wear for when we go to Steph & Josh's wedding. I'm renting a camera lens and want to bring one or maybe 2 of my own. So, I wanted a bag that I could wear and never set down. I found one online that I liked and then I also had images in my head. I worked during nap, a little afetr they got up and then after they went to bed. I got it completely finished and I am pretty pleased with it. A couple things about it might look cruder than I wanted, but not much. I'll add a picture tomorrow.

Well, I don't know what the blog date is going to say, but it is 12:55am... early Sat, but really Friday night for me. I'm going to bed now. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment