Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I wouldn't call myself shy

But, today, Carl's first speech therapist, Lindsey called and asked me if she could give my name and number to another mom with a 3.5 yr old who gets speech therapy from her. I hesitated and then said yes, she could. Well, about 2 hours later, after fretting over it, I called back and left Lindsey a message saying I was have second thoughts and if she hadn't already called the lady, would she not call her?

Turns out, she had already called her. So, this might be good for me. And, Lindsey didn't really know if the lady was looking for a playdate relationship or just someone to talk to about speech things and everyday life. It's out of my comfort zone. Seems fair, I guess. For Carl, speech sessions push him out of his comfort zone, too.

So, I thought I would make this entry so that in a few months, when I have become good friends with this mom, I could look back and show myself that having doubts wasn't necessary! (Eh, who am I kidding... I am much more cynical... I'll be looking back to prove myself right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment