Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday!! the morning......

Last week the kids learned that their principal's birthday is also today.  So, this morning, I sent them in with 4 dozen cupcakes to put in the teacher's lounge to celebrate all 3 birthdays!   I got a new white scratch cake recipe and I got to test it out on my favorite guinea pigs... the teachers!   We are not allowed to send in home baked goodies for parties at school to be eaten by the kids - but there is no ban on baking for teachers!  They don't fret over allergies or the potential Ick Factor of my kitchen, I guess.





Now, I am off to work for the morning, then headed to school for lunch with Lew & the kids!  We're bringing popcorn in for a class treat.  That is Carl's favorite, plus it meets the allergies we have:  peanut, dairy, wheat.  I'll have more photos and stories to share later!

No comments:

Post a Comment