School got out on 6/7. Since then (20 days) we have:
- gone to the beach twice
- gone to the children's museum several times for water day, classes and playtime
- picked berries
- gone swimming almost every Saturday
- gone to the outdoor movies by the lake at dusk
- played lots of legos at home
- met Daddy for lunch a few times
- jumped in big puddles
- gone on a bird hike
- shopped at our favorite toy store... for legos and craft supplies, of course
- had that Father's Day and mural photo shoot day... yes, that took most of a whole day
- gone to bouncy houses at our Thursday night favorite restaurant
- gone to the library big kid story hour twice
- gotten haircuts
- gone to a local blueberry festival (where we saw a beloved teacher form the kids' year in the pre-school 2's Room as well as their current music teacher)
- played legos at home
- bailed on going to our favorite restaurant's 30th anniversary party because of the insane crowd. boo.
- bike rides
- celebrated Father's Day - the kids made Daddy a gourmet breakfast - and we had a Hot Dog Party dinner
- read tons of books
- gone to the arboretum - with art supplies and plenty of quarters to buy food to feed the fish in the pond
- gone to the $1 movies twice
- I had a phlebotomy... (my feritin was only 7.4 before that phlebotomy... I am dragging now. Not tired, but very fatigued. My mind is awake, my body just can't quite keep up like I want to. Hope that builds back up soon.)
- that day, I was too run down to make lunch - we were forced to go to our favorite drive-in!
- I won a ribbon in my camera club's final competition - they take the whole year's ribbon winners and have an outside judge award ribbons to the top 20% of those. My photo of Gretchen... Tooth Fairy's Challenge will hang in an exhibit through the summer! I printed a huge canvas of it!
- went to a lame Lego event at Barnes and Noble
- played more legos at home
- made videos of the kids reading their favorite books right now (I'll upload them soon)
- pulled out teeth - well, Carl did. He's lost 2 since school let out.
- went to a kids' book club discussion for the Magic Tree House - the series we are reading at bedtime. Cool event. Barnes and Noble redeemed themselves after the horrible Lego event.
- ate breakfast at the Waffle House
- spent 3 days/2 nights without Daddy here while he traveled to northern NY on business
- went bowling
- did I mention playing legos, legos and more legos?
- took Carl to the eye doctor
- went to the Farmer's Market / Kids' Day
That's all.
And, our calendar is not freeing up any time soon. Friday - we are going to the library for the kids to participate in a program with service dogs. The children get to sit down and read stories to a dog. It will be a one on one thing, I think. It is popular, so my kids are sharing one time slot. I don't know if they will go in together. Hopefully, they will enjoy it and we can get 2 slots from here on out.
How about a
children's museum
bird hike - she is looking at a heron - can you see it?
the new legos and craft project
new haircuts! and watering the flowers that same day. That was June 15th. You see Carl is wearing an I♥NY shirt and Gretchen is wearing her birthday cupcake jumper... in honor of Grammie's birthday, of course!
Blueberry festival berries with popcorn makes a perfect snack! We bought a flat of berries and ate them in 48 hours.
Father's Day Hot Dog Party and the breakfast the kids made for Daddy (we each had a plate, actually)
Arboretum
Carl after losing 2 more teeth! 8 each now.
... and here is our poster board of Things To Do This Summer! We are checking off lots of cool stuff already!!






















WAY TO GO!! Enjoy your summer!!! The pictures will be there and the blog will be there as a reminder...but the memories will be lifelong and THAT is priceless.
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering what you folks have been up to...LOL. And now I know: A LOT !! Keep enjoying your summer !!
ReplyDelete