We were heading to the arboretum this morning, but it started raining. So, we did a little Father's Day shopping. (We didn't buy anything, but we do have the perfect gift for Daddy. I still have a photo shoot to organize, too. As you recall, I work best under pressure.) Then, we came home for lunch. Neither kid was happy about that. Oh well.
And, this was waiting for us when we got home.....
After, they took off their dripping clothes and put on their bathrobes. They were so cute for the rest of the day being all lounge-y and everything.
Yesterday, the twins got their first real lesson in getting stood up. We've been stood up in the past, but up until now, it would be times that I had not told them about. We do not live near our families or some of our longtime friends, so people have to travel to see us. And that doesn't always play out as planned. So, after learning the hard way, I usually don't tell the kids about stuff like this. A friend who is here visiting was supposed to call us to go hang out, but we never got a call. I wish I had not told the kids about the potential visit, but I felt confident it would happen and I like them having something to look forward to, you know? The first thing Gretchen said to me today was, "Maybe they will call us today!" (nope) I am hoping that they just got caught up in the family vacation fun and innocently forgot us. But, I will admit, we were all disappointed.
Tomorrow morning - a bird hike if it is not raining in the morning.
Friday morning - haircuts!
Saturday - a berry festival we go to every year!
Saturday night - our favorite restaurant (we are totally regulars... Carl & Gretchen are like Norm was to Cheers) is having their 30th anniversary party.
So, I may be too busy to post in the next few days. Summer is off to a busy and fun start!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment