Saturday, June 9, 2012

the annual sunrise shoot


Seems each spring my camera club buddies plan a sunrise photo shoot.  (if you are interested in remembering, here are  2011 and 2010.)   You need the perfect combination of a Saturday and low tide coinciding with sunrise.  If the tide is in, these gorgeous moss covered rocks are under water and then your shots just look like any other sunrise on a beach.  With the rocks, you get something a little more unique.

So, I got up at 4:21 this morning to get down there for that first light before the sun comes up.  There were 7 of us total, but one guy left before the rest of us decided to skip walking the tidal basin trail and head directly to breakfast.  I was so happy they picked the same diner we went to 2 years ago.  mmm... country ham on a homemade biscuit is divine!!!  I should have photographed that!







So, I have been up since 4:21, yet it is Lew (who was just getting up at 8:30 when I got home) who is asleep on the couch right now.  Figures.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I've never seen rocks so covered...I would have thought the waves would keep clean. And yes...typical napping Behaviour here too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these sunrise photos !! Especially with the moss and birds in them....gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete