Tuesday, April 3, 2012

the beach!

We kicked off the morning with heart shaped Waffle House knock-off waffles.

Then, we watched HOP... and by "we" I mean Mom & me watched HOP.  Gretchen watched some, but was coloring and doing other activities in a math workbook. Carl played all over the house.  He'd float back in and ask, "Is this the end?"  and I"d say, "No. Not yet."  to which he'd ask, "Is it the beginning of the ending?"  Finally, when it was the end scene, I called him in and we forced him to stand still for 30 seconds to watch.

Then, we went to our favorite drive-in restaurant.  We pulled up and Mom exclaimed, "They come to your car!" Don't know what she thought I meant when I said "drive-in".  They are not on roller skates, though.  And by "they" I mean the one lady who works every single car in the large lot.  It is not fast food by any means.  We pulled in, waited 10 minutes to even have our order taken, waited about 40 minutes to get our food, ate and then waited another 15ish minutes for her to come back and take our money and the tray off my window.  We were there about an hour and 15 minutes - does my other math add up?  Worth every minute.  Yummy!!

From there, we headed to the beach!!  We stayed over an hour letting the kids play in the surf.










After, we came home, gave the kids a bath, had pizza for supper and then went out to the new favorite frozen yogurt bar.  Carl loves that he can get his vanilla and then add Capn' Crunch and gummy worms!!   Mom got vanilla with all fresh fruit and nuts!  Lew had a twist but added a lot of candies and cereals off the toppings bar.  I had a mix of vanilla yogurt and "cupcake batter" yogurt with a mix of fruits, waffle cone pieces and some Oreos.  I tried to keep a fruit side and a chocolate side, but they managed to dance themselves together pretty quickly.

The kids wanted another Game Night... so they played Zingo with Grammie and then daddy joined them for a few rounds of Guess Who Spongebob version.

By then, the fact that they had no nap and over an hour running in the surf caught up to them.  Gretchen read us one book and Carl read a few pages from Cat in The Hat before he decided to stop and go to sleep.

Tomorrow, nothing planned for the day.  T-ball practice at 5:00.  

For now, Good Night, Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the blog posts while your mom is visiting !!! You guys are all having so much FUN !! Happy Easter, and Happy Passover !!

    ReplyDelete