Thursday, March 8, 2012

try to wear something green

A little early, but I thought I'd show off the newest outfits.  Tuesday evening, the entire kindergarten class performed at the school's monthly PTA meeting.  They asked them to "try to wear something green".  I already had the cloth for matching St Patrick's Day things, so I just stepped up my time frame.

They aren't going to like wearing things Mommy made them forever, so strike while the iron is hot.  They love going to school in something homemade.  Yesterday, they wore old sweaters I knit for Joey and Claire. 

So, we expected them to sing, come sit with us and have to endure a long PTA meeting with 80 kindergartners running amuck.  The PTA president spoke for about 1 minute.  She mentioned the upcoming fundraising nights at local restaurants.  Then, the treasurer spoke about the race last Saturday and mentioned the fundraising we are doing for a new track around the field at school.  So far, in $25 increments, they have raised $20K!  She spoke about 3 minutes.  Then, the music teacher gave the parents about a 30 second photo time before the kids sang 3 songs.  Then, they released the kids out to their parents.  A lot of parents got up and left.  Lew and I were going to be polite and stay for the meeting, but so many other people were going, he said, "Let's go.  The kids aren't going to be good sitting here much longer."  So, we headed to the door. The music teacher stopped me to tell me what good kids Carl & Gretchen are.  I was most impressed when she said, "Carl has such a dry sense of humor!"  He does!  And many people miss it totally.  I really feel she is paying attention to him to have picked up on that in only 1 music class per week.

By now, there weren't really any people sitting down.  I asked the music teacher "When is the meeting part?"  and she said "It was before we sang.  They keep them short and sweet."  Wow!  Seriously, under 5 minutes.  I have never attended any meeting that was that short!  Awesome!  The kids sang nicely and we were not being rude when we got up to leave!

This is a lot of green!  Can you spot the other set of twins in their class?

2 comments:

  1. I see the other twins-front row with shamrock shirts. I think they are girls, but I can't tell for sure. I also noticed some papers wtih blue and yellow on the floor. Was it a song about blue and yellow making green? My child learned a song like that in preschool. Please post the lyrics if you can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, those are the backs of painted kites the kids made in art class. They sang and waved those around. I didn't recognize any of the 3 songs. One was in Japanese, one was 'Mad About March' and the other was about the kites.

    ReplyDelete