Saturday, March 10, 2012

just Saturday

I was going to document our whole day, but we got busy and loud and just typical Saturday-esque with our own chaos that I didn't snap as much as I intended.  So, here is my somewhat-morning-heavy-photo-journal-of-a-Saturday-with-us.  You should thank me for petering out.  As it is, you have to sit through 13 photos.

A fast shower.
This was waiting for me when I got out to the kitchen.  Actually, this is the cleaner half of the table.  The other parking lot and a lot more art supplies along with pretzels were on the rest of the table.  
 The parking lot attendant informed me that he would be having "a naked day" and staying in his boxer-briefs (yes, he called them that) all day long.
I found Gretchen on her floor reading.  Notice, my old Smurfs next to her... she pulled out the Leprechaun Smurf and told me she was going to put it on the piano to decorate with.
Angus was looking for a drink from my bathroom sink....
 Gretchen was still reading.  She is sitting just like Grampie.
After breakfast and more moving cars all over the room to avoid stepping on them playing, we headed to Costco to snack and shop.  Worked great.  They had samples of the frozen yogurt right after we finished eating lunch so the kids got a perfect little dessert sized portion!  Well, we thought it was perfect, they thought it was way too small.

While we were there, among other things, we bought these mondo strawberries!  Mmmm... they are super sweet!!  And we got this 3 pack of azalea bushes.  Lots of azaleas are blooming early down here!
 Once back home, nap got a very late start.

In the wicked short 45 minutes they supposedly slept, I washed up these fat quarters for a project I am doing for a friend.
Then, I got a chance to log onto the computer...
That was the 45 minute mark.  They appeared within minutes of that log-in.  I don't believe they slept at all.  Lew was out getting the oil changed in the Volvo and picking up some hamburger for dinner.  We didn't grab that earlier because are not fans of the burger at Costco, although, their steaks are awesome.

I promptly sent the cranky kids who didn't have enough sleep outside!

Once Lew got home, he headed to Home Depot and Lowe's... and neither had what we needed.
Back home for the hamburger dinner.
Bath.
Bed.

Carl got out of the tub before Gretchen and he was actually asleep before she got out of the tub behind him and into her jammies.  Gee, no nap, huh?

Now, we'll lose an hour of sleep tonight.  Tomorrow, we'll plant some azaleas and hang out at home all day, I hope.  Then, back to Monday and the regular routine.  See, nothing exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment