Friday, February 24, 2012

Spirit Day... Friday Feb 24

Today was Spirit Day at school which means you wear as much red as you can including your school shirts. 
Gretchen was happy to get to wear her new sparkly shoes!!  Well, after telling him 8 million times NOT to, Carl continued to try them on and by Friday morning, the shoes were too big for Gretchen's feet.  We found the thickest pair of socks she owned and they kept the shoes on her feet. 

Pretty funky!!  She brought sneakers so she could run on the playground.  I think I am the only parent really worried about footwear - you wouldn't believe what you see on some kids' feet, but...  whatever. 
Here they are before school.  I removed the school logos for privacy.

It was another day when the teachers do not have to take the class to lunch.  I was one of the parent volunteers to go to lunch with the class.  So far, I've done every one.  I am going to be disappointed if I cannot do the next one, too.  The kids were very good - well, one little guy did get up and change seats 3 times.  I did not blow him in, but the aide who was there with another child apparently did.  So, "J" got his behavior clip moved down one color level because of that.  maybe he'll know better than to try and fool the lunch substitutes next month.  Or not.  He is 5 after all.  They have it pretty good in the "I don't have to listen and follow directions" department.  At least the 6 yr olds I have around here seem to take directions loosely.

No comments:

Post a Comment