An online friend was making her kids tee shirts for their upcoming 100th day and it inspired us to do the same! They picked their colors and items and yesterday, they decorated their own shirts. I did maybe 5 of Carl's stars and none of Gretchen's hearts. All I did was keep tracking counting and keep the paint flowing!
They also had homework on a weekend. That is odd - although, they had been assigned it during the week, so it could have been done sooner if you wanted. They really do not get much homework for now. I dont' know if that is an NC thing or a kindergarten thing. I have friend in NY and MA with kids in 2nd grade and both complain of an insane amount of homework daily. It will be interesting to see if NC brings that in a couple years. Or, maybe by then we'll live somewhere else. Who knows. I told you Carl's fortune cookie said "You will move to a wonderful new home within the year." Still cracking me up. And, it seems to be sparking some home projects as well. We've lived here 5 years now... and now he is ready to put cabinets in the laundry room. (In time to move out per Carl's fortune?) We are close to needing a new stove, too. We have one of those slide in kinds... you know, the wicked expensive ones. It's definitely going to need to be replaced before we sell the house. The face of the stove has dropped and is not straight. Plus, it has fallen into the bottom drawer, so we cannot open that. Neat. I can't remember exactly what is in that drawer, but it would be nice to be able to use it if I wanted. (No, you cannot open it by sticking a spatula in the drawer and lifting upward.) So, we're starting to think if we need to replace it to sell, why not look into doing it for ourselves and then it will be acceptable to sell later on.
Back to the 100th day.
Here they are last night with completed homework assignments.
and here they are this morning in their creationsI brought the camera for dropping off at school today because I hoped the school's changing letter sign out front would say "Happy 100th Day". It didn't. It is still advertising Doughnuts for Dad and the upcoming PTA meeting. Get this... someone nominated me for PTA VP. One lady told me she saw my name on the list. I said I never agreed to that and do NOT want to be on the board. I am a member, but have never even been to a meeting because they meet on the same night each month as my camera club's competitions.
So, I had the camera with me and snapped a couple shots as they headed into school. We met up with a classmate on his way in, too and got some cute pics with all 3 kids, too. But, I didn't ask his mom if I could post him here.
Gretchen is carrying a collage I made for the teachers. 100 pictures of class events. I think it is small enough to not worry about permission to post the other kids on here.
I can't wait to pick them up and hear all about their celebration today. Parents sent in small snack items to be divided up and given out so each child will have 100 little snacks. We sent mini marshmallows, of course.
They were so excited to have this 100th day. Last night, as I was putting them to bed quickly so I could get back to the Superbowl, Carl just kept saying, "I just can't wait for the 100 th day of school!!" They love school!!








I LOVE this idea of celebrating 100 days of school ! Don't think we ever did that with Rob on Long Island...and the shirts are fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteThose shirts are amazing!
ReplyDelete