Saturday, October 15, 2011

NY has.... Camp

This is the camp that my grandfather and father built when Daddy was a teenager.  It is right on the water and the lake is small enough that you are not allowed to have motors.  That makes it perfect for letting the kids swim.  The cousins do a lot of kayaking and fishing there as well.  Maybe next year we can go up there with them.  This visit was so busy we didn't see much of them.  We were in NY for 2 weeks and for 1 of them, they had a family vacation to Florida.  The twins are already looking forward to seeing the Cousins at Christmastime!
 Ahhhhh!!!! 
I entered this shot of Gretchen's splash and Carl's jump in a competition last week and won a ribbon for it!!  It is titled:
Last One in is a Rotten Egg
 A few indoor shots...  Camp is the perfect place to read.
 See this window with the view?
Well, even though that shot looks horribly dark, that window lets in The Most Amazing light!!!  Check it out....
He is showing you his platypus face, of course.
back outside because why stay inside when it is this nice out?  Look how tall that 5 yr old boy is!
Here are a couple old photos combined with new ones.  You know I love the blog 'Dear Photograph'.  I am 6 in this one, I think.  Wow - look at how far floatation device technology has come in 35+ years.  They are almost 6.  Kind of cool, huh?
Here are Kenny & I from summer of 1975, I think.  It's taken out behind camp.  He is not quite 2.  I am 6 again. 

We love camp!!!!  I can't wait to go back next summer.  You don't do anything there.  That's the whole point.  You can't do anything but relax.


1 comment:

  1. Ah! Nothing to do but relax...now that's the place to be !!

    ReplyDelete