If you answered "no".... this post probably won't excite you.
If you answered "yes".... high five!!
Did I mention the rick rack? Real classic rick rack??? In leaf green?????? *contented sigh*
Yes, she has blue fingernails. I took this picture Sunday and they were painted blue for Field Day at school on Friday. She wanted to be put on the blue team. (and she was) We took it off Monday. But, if you answered "yes" above - you didn't notice the fingernails because you were staring at the leaves and rick rack.
Yup. Toenails were blue, too.
It took me about 3 hours total. And that is because I haven't sewn from a pattern in years. I had to figure out how to unfold it carefully and then cut without cutting the pattern itself so I can save the bigger sizes for later on.
The very best part is that the coordinating fabric on the bottom is doubled - then you sew it to the jumper where the rick rack seam is - therefore needing no hem. The hem part is the fold of the doubled brown corduroy! How cool is that? (if you answered "no" above... trust me... it is very cool.)
______________________________________________________________________
adding some more pictures here because I finally have the vacation shots ready to post and I don't want to keep bombarding the blog with individual posts for now.
Here is Gretchen's cut taken a few days ago. Seems to be healing OK. Not super awesome or anything. Just OK.
I fully believe it is going to scar because of this other scar on her face. See that line on her left cheek between her eye and the little freckle? That is the scar from a scratch she gave herself when she was a newborn. Back in the day of socks-on-hands. If that scar is this visible now, I think this new one is going to be pretty visible, too. Ugh.






No comments:
Post a Comment