Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween sneak peek

I would hold off, but since there are only 3 people who read this anyway and we can't ring your doorbell next Monday, I figured I'd put up the Halloween costume photos right now.

They want to be characters from our current favorite cartoon, Phineas & Ferb.  It's one of those shows that I think Lew enjoys more than the kids.  Oh wait, anything animated falls into that category.  But really, the show is very cute and the songs are clever.

I do know that 99.44% of the general public is not going to know who they are - but this is what they wanted to be.  Gretchen is already equipped with her clarification.  "I'm a teenage girl from a cartoon.  I'm the daughter of the evil scientist Dr Doofenschmirtz."  Carl is just happy to yell, "Agent P!!"  His character is the family's pet platypus who is actually a secret agent.  Of course, the family doesn't know this.  He fights the evil scientist father of Gretchen's character. 

Lew is going as Dr Doof.  And for myself, I have been piecing together an outfit to match the mother of the main characters.  No pictures of us yet.  Guess you do have something to look forward to after all. 


Here is Carl as the family pet, Perry.  One of the catch phrases on he show is "He's a platypus.  They don't do much"
 The hat makes him Agent P!  (I made the pants, but not the shirt)
I didn't make any of this costume.  I tried to make her a long brown wig, but it didn't come out good.  Looked like a nun's habit. 
 Trick or Treat!!!
 Happy Halloween 2011!!

2 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT costumes !!! And although I didn't know anything about Phineas & Ferb before reading your blog, I DID know they were on TV (saw the names when surfing...LOL). Can't wait for my snail mail copies of the costume pics. And, I am honored to be one of the 3 people who read your blog RELIGIOUSLY !! It is the best part of every morning !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these very creative costumes!!! And we love Phineas and Ferb around here too. The kids are problem solvers and don't back-talk the parents; the music is very catchy and clever; and mom, dad, and the kids find humor in the shows. Win-Win-Win all around. I hope I'm counted as one of the three - I've even got the kids wanting to check in to see what Gretchen and Carl are doing each day.

    ReplyDelete