Friday, June 25, 2010

Things We Love, June 2010 edition

This is the new Snow White dress-up costume I bought Gretchen (in preparation for an upcoming vacation this fall... take a guess where we're heading). She pretty much hasn't taken it off since it arrived (from ebay, of course).
Here's unconditional love. Look at how patient Miss Molly is!! That is true love!!! And, Carl loves cars! (understatement)
Gretchen loves watering plants! Yes, those are mums. Who knew if I planted them last fall and never pulled them up when I thought they had died over the winter that they would bloom this summer! I'm not a gardener.

This is currently Carl's favorite (summer) shirt. Given a full choice, he would pick his long sleeved Life Is Good "snowman-playing-guitar" shirt every.single.day. But, I have gotten him to pick a summer fav, too. And, it is this tie dyed shirt that he calls his "colors-with-a-goat" shirt. There is an embroidered goat head on it from Bully Hill vineyards in Hammondsport, NY. Of course, it is a hand wash item... it still runs every time I wash it! And that is pretty much every night in prep for the next day! You'll probably see it quite a bit in pics this summer.

Angus & Molly both love corn! Look how clean they get the ears!!
I love those blue eyes, perfect nose and her new sassy haircut!!
(and I love the creamy bokeh on this one... photography term: the background that is out of focus is referred to as "bokeh". You use the out of focus aka "depth of field" to highlight your subject more. ie... sassy hair girl!)
How about this perfect little jaw? And nose, too. I love them!

Who doesn't love a good, long nap? But, there is even more to love in this shot... I love that we still fit in toddler beds and can use our Lands End crib sheets. I love the flannel pillow cases that Grammie buys us at the Shaker craft fair each year. We have so many cool ones and the kids love picking out a clean one to use. I love those big/baby feet. (I don't love that he can't get character shoes, though. It isn't fair Gretchen can find them in her size, but he can't get Toy Story or Cars or things he would like big enough.) We love Life Is Good shirts... always bought on sale. Love a good bargain!

Here are three favorites.... it's a shot of the pool in our backyard. You know they love swimming! But, those are their pool toys. They sink when you toss them in - so you are supposed to have to dive for them. Well, not much of a challenge in only maybe a foot and a half of water, but they love them anyway! And... they are Toy Story and Princesses!!! They ♥ TS & P!!!

and finally, I love a good bird-eye view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment