OK, I really expected today to be a regular boring morning, so I had it planned in my head to do a Feline Friday and show a few pictures of Molly and Angus. But, when we woke up, it was raining and so, the indoor rainy day fun stuff began. And, Feline Friday may have to take a back burner to some other "F" words for the day.
"Finished"... the pumpkin muffins we made the other night. Once we finished breakfast, I asked if they wanted to make another batch. If you know us, you know we pretty much have 'punkin munkins' 7 days a week around here. Surprisingly, no one wanted to help me bake them. Some sort of Little Red Hen thing for the day. But, when I make them, I can have the batter mixed and into the muffin pans long before the oven gets up to temperature, so I welcomed the quick baking project. You oughta see Carl pour milk or oil into the mixing bowl! Another "F"... "full contact baking", but that didn't happen today.
"Forte" (read down this page to find it's definition
here) ..... While those baked, we sang some songs and played guitar. Both kids are good singers and strummers. And they love jumping around and following song directions.
"Finger painting" ..... after the singing, we moved onto a good rainy day art project. I was really excited that Carl ran right over, asked for help getting his shirt off and climbed up into the chair. He picked his own color and even painted this by himself!


"Fish crackers" ..... while Gretchen & I were still painting, I heard rustling from the kitchen. I was only at the table, but couldn't see Carl, so I casually asked him, "What are you doing in there?" and he replied, even more casually, "Uh, just ... eating." He had helped himself to the bag on the counter and was into them!

But, that wasn't enough snack, I guess. Remember, these people had breakfast only 90 minutes prior... and lunch was only another 90 minutes away. But, next thing we know, he is coming out of the kitchen with a pumpkin muffin. Look at the "Fiendish Face of Fun" as he eats this hot - in more ways than one - muffin!

Gretchen & I couldn't do much about it... we were really "Finger painting" still at this point... but, believe me, she was "Finished" painting once she saw there was "Food" up for grabs!

Here's the tray after only 2 stolen. He ended up eating "Four" and giving one to Gretchen.... and if you quiz Gretchen, she will tell you that if you have "Four" muffins and someone gives you one more muffin, then you have "Five"! 
But, let's not get too caught up in all this "Friday Frolicking"... and remember my original intent today.....
"Feline Friday!"

if you know cats, you know this pissed off look means they are content. Really.

Carl & Molly playing cars
Angus just loves Gretchen... and vice versa
This is how I found them after I got the twins down for nap. Angus has been sleeping in this laundry basket for days now, but Molly is just starting to get in on the comfy fun. Yes, the clothes were clean. Oh well.... guess that makes it a bit "Frustrating" to have extra laundry.
I love it!! Only Frank is like that with my boys, though. But they do curl up and nap together. Until one of them tries to lick the other one and a fight ensues after awhile. LOL
ReplyDeleteMail me a pumpkin muffin!
;)