A few photos, of course...
Today Carl didn't want to stay and have water day with Gretchen, he wanted to go back to Fit For Fun. (my 3rd visit this week!) Since this is our last day together for a few weeks (summer session ended and the school year doesn't begin for pre-school until 9/1. I'll have both of them from now until then.) I wanted to do whatever he wanted to. So, we headed right down after leaving Gretchen. I forgot they were having Toddler Olympics today. They charge a bit extra for the days with events. Good thinkg I had cash on me because I have a punch card for getting in on regular days. I really did not expect Carl to want to participate in any races or games, but he did do 3 of them! Well, he did 2.... lost interest halfway through the third and pretty much wandered off the course. After Fit For Fun, we were going back to school to eat lunch with the other kids, so I had my camera in the car. Once he finished his first "race"... running with a grocery cart, putting in 3 boxes of food and running back to the starting line... he was awarded a gold medal along with every other participant! They even had a little medal block thing for photos - so he and I bopped out to the car to get the camera. In this shot, he has 2 medals around his neck. 

Then, we headed back to Noah's Ark for a special last day lunch that was being catering by a great-grandma who owns a local cafe. The kids had hot dogs, hamburgs, carrots, watermelon, applesauce and milk. Mine ate pretty well, Luke inhaled his lunch! But, Blake ate very little... so Gretchen & Carl were about average from what I saw all of the other kiddos eating. There were about 12 kids there today.
Here they are with Miss Tammy, a favorite teacher! I love all of their teachers, but I know Tammy had a special connection to Carl and made sure he was taken care of while he was at school! When she tells him she loves him, he responds with "always". It is very sweet.

and one from yesterday, too...

No comments:
Post a Comment