Sunday, August 16, 2009

where'd X go?

Lew was giving the kids breakfast this morning while I was getting ready. One of the elements of today's Daddy Breakfast happened to be Alphabits. Lew said after a few minutes, Carl asked, "Where'd "X" go?" he said Carl asked him several times before Lew looked over at Carl's placemat to see he had already pulled out

"B" "O"

He also said he had "P" "O" and then asked "Where'd "P" go?" He loves to spell p-o-p because he loves popcorn! He really could survive on 3 items in life: chicken nuggets, pumpkin muffins and popcorn!

another spelling story:
The other day Gretchen was using a magnet toy that has stencils that spell 3 letter words. You find the magnets and place them in the stencil's outlines. She had D-O-G's stencil (you know, Angela, I am much more nervous about grammar and punctuation now that you are reading this! Not really enough to double check everything, just enough to be aware of it!) and she was asking Carl for the letter "E". He said, "D." and she insisted she needed an "E" to spell dog. I'm not really sure why she was so set on getting an "E", she knew the stencil was asking for d-o-g, but when she gets something in her head, good luck getting her to change her mind. Apparently, Carl got sick of her asking for the wrong letter, because then I heard Carl make the sound that the letter "D" makes and tell her, "Duh duh. Dog. D-O-G. Dog."

He might not talk a lot, but when he does - he knows his business!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! STOP IT!! I really am not that bad! :)

    That is great, though! I love it when Andrew spells things out. They soak up so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - you post pictures of products with mis-spellings. Your mother called Wendy's to tell them their sign was incorrect... because you told her! C'mon!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete