

I left the room and stood in the hallway to listen tot hem say the Pledge of Allegiance. Then, I headed home to edit these photos you see above. Lew and I have a tradition of meeting for lunch on the first day of school (well, 2 years so far... that's an early tradition... ) at a local restaurant on the intracoastal waterway. Child free. No cheeseburgers. Don't get me wrong. We love cheeseburgers. But, once a year, a nice seafood on the water lunch with no kids is definitely in order.
Island mahi mahi with mango salsa and double veggies instead of beans and rice. (low carb version... I would love beans and rice with my lunch most of the time)
I bopped over to Costco to buy some lunch box items and pick up some photos before heading back to school to wait in the Parent Pick-Up Line.
kids coming out to the van ...
This is how she got in the van... they both gave a glowing report of the day! Gretchen did tell me, "We didn't learn anything today because we are busy learning the room."
Back home, we mixed up some pumpkin muffins and they played outside while they baked. Once they were done, they consumed 9 of the 15 muffins the batch made. Apparently, first grade makes them hungry!
They look much more awake at 3 pm, don't they!? The first day of school was a lot of fun. They have no homework for this first week either! Woo Hoo!!



















Love it! Yay for the first day of school!! <3
ReplyDeleteYaaaaay for first grade!
ReplyDelete{I have a first grader myself...}
We read that SAME book right before 1st grade too!
:)