before new school haircuts..... (look at those big toes!)
Notice Carl is in a different backless seat? Yeah, blame Lew for taking his real seat to work with him. Carl was happy to get this new seat, though. I think we are going to leave the 2 backless ones in Lew's car as back-ups for now anyway. They are old enough to be in them with no backs. I just like the little extra belt positioning help that the backs offer. But, Lew has mentioned he might possibly consider maybe perhaps taking them to school each morning since he drives right by. Would save me 50 miles a week on my car if he would. I get less than 20mpg, too. So, they'll be in those seats for that if he decides to do it.
Before the haircuts we went to our favorite play place's birthday party. Each year they host a party and allow kids of all ages to come. Otherwise, we are now too old to go there. It was free and it is raining today. That equals a lot of toddlers. It was pretty loud and crowded. Thank goodness my kids were not screamers. Man, this one little boy had such high pitched screech whenever someone did something he wasn't crazy about. which was often. neat-o.
This was by the door...
The next stop on our Last Day of Summer Vacation was McDonald's for lunch. I hate Spongebob, but Carl (who by the way has never seen the show) loves him. McDonald's currently has him as their Happy meal toys. Or rather they did. Turns out, they have switched to Transformer toys for boys and monkey ones for girls. We are so not into Transformers - so we got 2 girls' toys. I actually like the bendable monkeys better than a plastic Spongebob! So did Gretchen.
Next up - new school haircuts!! Well, we finished lunch an hour early, so we decided (OK, I decided - they were just along for the ride) to head to the Goodwill first. Seriously, we have the best Goodwill. For $15 I got Gretchen 3 dresses, 2 long sleeved shirts and a red striped skirt that will perfect for Spirit Days at school. Have you seen the styles for little girls in stores lately? Sequins, sequins and more sequins. I was psyched to find GAP, Lands End and Cherokee dresses in my taste for her. Also, I don't mind sending her to school in a $2 dress. Don't get me wrong - I won't buy things with stains or holes, but otherwise, I can find cute things that won't end the world if they get some paint on them at school. We did not have time to search the boys' rack, but Carl managed to find a convertible VW beetle. $1..... the Happy Meal monkeys fit in it perfectly!!
Now we had killed enough time to go to the salon. The other family there had a Dad named Karl so that was fun getting confused whenever someone called anyone else in there. He declined a lollipop when Teresa offered Carl one after his cut.
Car Seat Friday After Haircut version...
Home for nap in the rain. Later tonight, we're heading downtown for a reception at the gallery where I have 2 photos hanging in an exhibit of triptych (series of 3 images in one frame) images. Guess we better dress up a bit.
Here are a couple more shots of the new school haircuts. I didn't get a shot of the back of Carl's before version... at the base of his neck, his curls were coming back!
Oh yeah, remember when I said I had not knit anything for them like I put on the Summer Poster List?? Well, I checked that off a couple days ago with 2 blankets for their Webkinz. Gretchen's is orange and white for her new favorite ice cream, Stewart's Kaydeross Kream (aka creamsicle... orange sherbet mixed with vanilla) and Carl got a yellow one because, well, he loves yellow.
also before haircuts.
Last night was Open House at school when the kids learn who will be their teacher for the year. We got a wonderful teacher! Oh wait, all the teachers we know there seem wonderful. We are all very excited and happy with their assignment this year!! From the class roster, it looks like there are 3 sets of twins in the class. Or maybe cousins with the same last name?










No comments:
Post a Comment