I asked them
What are you most looking forward to about school?
Gretchen: What I'm most excited about is the end of the year to see if I have learned another big word. (see, last year, their kindergarten teacher taught them the word 'oviparous' and told them something about it being a third grade word. So, she can't wait to learn something ahead of her grade level. And by the way, if you are wondering... an animal that lays eggs.)
Carl: To learn things. What do you think you'll learn? (shrugs) I don't know - First Grade stuff!
_____________________________________________________________________________
Yesterday, we were going to go to the arboretum in the morning and have lunch there, but it was raining. So, we decided to play at home and then go to a local drive in for lunch. Since it was raining, we had to suffer through cheeseburgers and fries (for only Carl and me. Gretchen hates french fries and all things potato.) in the van. We came through the harrowing experience unscathed. And full. mmmmm
After a little fight, the boy ended up getting to be the one who sat in the passenger seat for the meal.
Yes, that is a bicycle pump in my wayintheback. No, I do not ride a bicycle. But, old habits die hard. After having to check the air in the tires every 3 days with the Volvo and once having to actually pump up my tire with that bicycle pump, I am not taking any chances. I have an ice scraper in my car at all times, too. I have not lived in Buffalo in more than 10 years.
Then, we did head to the arboretum after nap.





No comments:
Post a Comment