The kids had a lot of fun choosing buttons and adding them to the needle for each one. Carl was a lot more into it than I expected him to be. He did not stay with me the whole time, but he did a few and then made a special one just for himself. (mostly yellow, of course.) Gretchen was filling them as fast as I could restring a new piece of elastic onto the second needle. She also set aside certain buttons for her own ornament as she built the other ones for her teachers.
Thanks for the great idea!!!
We also made cards. While I have done stamping projects with my classes in day care days, I have never actually been the one to cut the potato stamps. I did think stamping cards would be a good way to get both kids involved in making cards. Carl is really into gingerbread men, so his stamp was one of those. Then, because, like I said, I had never cut a potato stamp before and I wanted to jump right into insane detail-land, I had Gretchen draw a Christmas tree and I cut out her actual drawing for her to stamp. Luckily, potatoes are fairly easy to cut and quite forgiving.
They were both very willing to stamp over and over. Phew. But, for crying out loud... do not ever ask them to EAT potatoes, OK?










No comments:
Post a Comment