Lew's birthday was on Monday, July 11th. 7-11-11.
I spent that evening editing the photos and resizing them to post. Then, yesterday morning I had a phlebotomy and it zapped all my energy. Some times, I don't feel any change after and then other times, I just feel so run down. I actually laid on the couch drifting in and out of sleep from about noon to 6:00 last night. Got up for dinner and laid back down. That is one nice thing about five year olds. They happily watched TV with me, played computer games, colored and played doll house while I half napped with a cat on my belly. Plus, it was in the 90s with heat index of over 105* yesterday, so it wasn't horrible that we didn't go outside at all. They stayed in their jammies all day long. Who doesn't love a good Pajama Day???
On Monday, I took them to the splash pad in the morning. I'll put up photos from that separate from the birthday party pictures and story I will write here. Then, today was our play-place/swimming Wednesday combo. So, don't feel bad for them for not doing something special yesterday. Tomorrow we're going to the $1 movies and Friday I am thinking of blowing up our little pool and spending the day here but outside. Saturday will be the city pool for swimming with Daddy. Look at that... I just did our "Week In Review" for you right here in the middle of the Birthday Post. Like it wasn't going to be long enough already. Maybe I had better change the title of the post and do the Birthday one next.
Since I have now changed horses in the middle of this stream, I will put the splash pad pictures here for you.
We got up early Monday morning, did our exercise video, then baked a chocolate cake. I thought I owned 2 circle pans... I don't. So, I had to cook the layers separately. I know what I am buying with this week's 40% coupon from AC Moore.
Egg #1 ended up on the table. Not a problem... spatula-ed it right into the bowl. She was sure I wasn't going to let her crack egg #2... and was really happy when I did let her!
Once the cakes were out and cooling, we headed downtown to the splash pad. Last summer, Carl wasn't crazy about it. He doesn't like being sprayed. But, Gretchen loved it. I figured it would play out the same way this year. I was right. We were there about 15 seconds and he was looking for a snack.
But, I did convince her to drag him through a couple little splashes and once he got his shirt wet, he started to have more fun.
He discovered he may not like being sprayed, but he loves spraying people!
And, for the most part, they loved it, too. Oh there was one little girl there and she followed Carl all over and loved being sprayed! I always feel funny taking other kids' pictures, but she kept asking me to. I did eventually take one of Carl spraying her. Should have taken a video of it so you could hear her giggling and screaming with delight.
We left the splash pad after a little more than an hour and headed to Costco for fresh raspberries. Gretchen & I decided we would use them to decorate Daddy's birthday cake. And, we needed to have lunch. You cannot beat their 1/4 lb hot dog and drink deal for $1.50. That was of course, after we wandered through the store having a couple sample snacks.
After nap, I had the cake ready for Gretchen to help me decorate.
Carl helped add the candles.
Gretchen got right to work on the berries. By the way, that container at Costco costs $3.29. You can find them there year round, too. They area a little bit more expensive in the winter, but still worth it. Talk about a treat in her lunchbox!
The kids painted pictures for Daddy, too. If you are looking closely, as I know many of you are... Gretchen is wearing a Snoopy shirt because Daddy likes Snoopy and Carl is wearing Buffalo Bills for the same reason.
next up.....
the party!!!
Our Costco deal is $1.99....I thought that was a great deal...until now! Great job on the cake! And Maddy doesn't like being splashed either...until 5 minutes before the other kids are tired of it, and then you can't tear her away.
ReplyDelete