Friday, June 24, 2011

I tried to poison them

My kids are fussy eaters. Well, they are, but then when I talk to some parents, at least my kids eat a variety of fruits, vegetable, proteins and carbs. Just not a large list of each.

Soup is not on their list of Likes.

But, in Harris Teeter, they each decided that they would like to try soup. Chicken Noodle soup. They each chose a can with designer noodles. It was on sale... 2 cans for $4.00. Soup got expensive.
AH... still anxiously awaiting the yummy soup!! ♫ "Campbell's soup is good food". ♫ They carried these cans around for a whole day - playing with them and getting psyched for soup!!!


If you look closely, you will see the steam. And, if you look even more closely, you will notice that we have one of the flat top stoves that is slid into the spot. I cut off the knobs in this photo - those are on the front of the stove - on that white strip in the lower right hand corner of this picture. I had to remove the knobs because the kids had full access to them. Apparently designed by someone without kids. But, the annoying part is that the stove is the slide in kind and therefore will be very expensive to replace. Now, the really annoying part is that the stove had started to settle or drop or fall or something. It has tilted itself forward probably less than 1/4". Just enough to make the stove shut itself into it's front lower drawer. We cannot get into the drawer at all. We used to be able to. We have stuff in there I would like to use. But, until we figure out how to raise up the stove, it stays closed to me. So... if you ever build - do NOT install one of these slide in stoves.


Princess noodles... see the glass slipper on the right hand side - about 4 o'clock?


Carl gets his bowl of Spongebob soup.


Gretchen eating hers out of guilt.


She managed to choke down all the noodles. I think that is a smile.


Carl ended up eating pretzels for lunch.


Gretchen's noodle free bowl.


Carl's untouched bowl. I did try to get one Spongebob noodle into his mouth. It touched his lips only and he gagged! Oh, the drama! Remember - THEY chose this meal!






I ended up throwing out both cans of it. But, luckily, I didn't have to have anyone's stomach pumped from the incident.




Don't feel too bad. They won't eat a cheese sandwich either. So much for Soup & Sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. Love Carl's face! O&E love processed canned foods. It's kind of gross, but makes my life easier!

    ReplyDelete