Sunday, May 22, 2011

O'Dark-Hundred

That is military time according to my brother in law for "very very early".

That's when I got up. 4:22 am. Shower, got picked up at 5:00 by a photography buddy and we got to the beach by 5:20 am for the sunrise photo shoot field trip. Official sunrise was 6:06am. It was also low tide. You want to coordinate the 2 down there because we have rock formations along the beach that are not visible when the tide is in. And they add a unique touch to the photos.

It was a little foggy out and the pre-dawn lighting wasn't as spectacular as it could have been. And, for some reason, my iso was cranked up to 3200 for about 50 shots before I noticed. So, that worked out OK. I didn't lose anything awesome due to the grain.

The bugs were insane! Ridiculously insane!

I got a couple shots I am happy with. No sunrise ones - just really cool moss covered rock ones. Well, maybe this one with the sun rising is OK. But I really prefer the moss shots with the sun to my back.



After the sun rose, we walked a short birding trail and then headed out for breakfast at a local coffee shop. I was home before 10:00am.

1 comment:

  1. I too really like the moss covered rocks you photographed at low tide and sunrise ! Very nice. Sounds like a very nice morning, albeit a wee bit early for moi !!

    ReplyDelete