I do this every year for Teacher Appreciation Week and I thougth I'd share it today, since tomorrow is their final day of pre-school.
2010-2011 school year interviews with Carl & Gretchen May 2011
What is your favorite part of school?
Carl: I like computer time.
Gretchen: My favorite part of school is that I learn a lot. And do you know what I learn? I learned a long time ago that they don’t stick a new season or stick a new month in between.
What are some things you do at school?
Carl: There’s a computer that’s mine. I learn the months. January February March April May. Look whose birthday it is today! Those are the words.
Gretchen: Play. I learned to clean up the garbage. I can play at the playground and I can even listen at school. I can even choose what center I want to play in.
Can you tell me about your friends at school?
Carl: You know who is a boy like me? Keagen is a boy like me. Alexa and Kayleigh and Mackenzie sit at my lunch table.
Gretchen: My friends like to play together and they’re all best friends. My friends like to play with each friend even though they’re with other friends.
What are some things in your classroom?
Carl: Hmmm… Alex and Keagen are boys like me. There are teachers in my classroom. Know what’s their names? Miss Diane and Miss Kelsey. We see a school playground at school.
Gretchen: Lots of centers. There’s even lots of things like crayons and markers and home center things and even there are lots and lots and lots of centers.
What can you tell me about Miss Diane?
Carl: She plays some songs that we like.
Gretchen: Miss Diane has a loud voice. She always teaches us what to do and she even knows the rules. She usually plays and eats with us. That’s all I know about Miss Diane. One more thing I know about Miss Diane is that she loves the whole class.
What can you tell me about Miss Kelsey?
Carl: She zips my coat a lot.
Gretchen: Miss Kelsey usually comes into centers with me and Keagen when we’re having a party. She sometimes takes care of the class. Miss Kelsey even sometimes eats with us. She even loves the whole class.
What does Miss Sheryl do at pre-school?
Carl: Miss Sheryl comes at our class a lot.
Gretchen: She works there. She even comes in the classroom sometimes and talks to people when they come in. Miss Sheryl even comes in the classroom and talks to us.
What is Miss Betty’s job at pre-school?
Carl: I took her picture one day.
Gretchen: I don’t know her job. She comes in the classroom and talks to us about like whatever she knows.
Carl’s interview about his therapists
What can you tell me about Andrea?
Carl: She comes on Mondays. She also sees me on Tuesdays. I play with her a lot. She plays the marshmallow game. Andrea gave us the putty. She did.
What can you tell me about Tracey?
Carl: She also comes on Tuesdays and Fridays. We play with her a lot. We play something in the classroom with Tracey but not with Andrea.
What can you tell me about Jen?
Carl: We didn’t play the Memory Game. We were busy making some cake. Then the clean up song was there.
(I had to save the best for last! Ashlie has been with Carl since he was 26 months old.)
What can you tell me about Ashlie?
Carl: I love her a lot.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete