Second shot taken after dinner that evening. During the meal, she said, "Here Mom" and handed me the tooth. Turns out, she inadvertently pulled it out after she was completely set on not pulling it out herself! She just wanted to check how loose it was and ...pop... it came out. I got a clean little salad-dressing-on-the-side lidded cup from the waitress to bring it home safely.
Of course, this is the third tooth that has been lost between the two of them yet the Tooth Fairy has never made an appearance in our home. Carl's first one (6 months ago already)- he swallowed and I never found. Carl's second one (about 5 weeks after he lost his first one) he lost on the drive to NY for Christmas and we forgot it in NY. Now, Gretchen has lost her first tooth and is really planning exactly how she is going to handle the Tooth Fairy.First, she didn't want to place it under her pillow because she is afraid the Tooth Fairy will wake her up. I told her that she should bring her camera to bed with her because when I was little, the Tooth Fairy never woke me up and I don't know what she looks like. Nope. She didn't like that idea. She informed me that some of her friends at school have little bags that they hang on their bedroom doors with the tooth inside. I don't want to do that, but she really does.
Next, she decided that she didn't want to give up the tooth. Again, I had a good solution for her... let's write a nice note to the Tooth Fairy and ask her if maybe she would give the tooth to Mommy to put in a special box to keep. I have a friend with twin girls who lives up in NY and get this - she flushed the first lost tooth! Her words, "Everything told me to get rid of the evidence."
So, she is still mulling the note idea over. She did say "I want to do it on a Sunday night and since Sunday has already passed, let's wait until next week."
Procrastinating Tooth Hoarder!!!!
And she no longer has a hurting, loose tooth, yet she is still convincing us that she wants her hamburgers cut up into bite sized pieces because it is best for her.
Manipulative Procrastinating Tooth Hoarder!
__________________________________________________
Well, I had no idea how easy it was going to be to walk away from this blog. But, I originally established it for myself - if you recall, you weren't invited in for months - and I am falling way behind in my own journaling by not posting. So, I better jump back in. I plan to be more careful about what I share, but for now, I'll try to fill you in one some things you missed.
Sure glad to see you back blogging ! Thanks ! And take it from a "hoarder": the term "collector" is much more user friendly, LOL.
ReplyDelete