Saturday, December 11, 2010

more Hanukkah!

I took a video of them singing the dreidel song - and it is Cute (yes, cute with a capital C!) But, you have seen what happens with my videos when I upload them here, so I won't bother. When I get some free time, I am going to look into the software to help me correct that. It seems to be a glitch in formatting between our camera and the sites I upload them to. I think the sites are converting them to their lowest usable quality, and our camera has too much info to be compressed that much. So, if I can convert them myself prior to uploading them I may be able to make the host sites happy and the viewers happy, too.

* edit 12/11/10 - Lew finally looked up video converting software for me. He found a free converter - so we'll see if it works! So without further ado; (OK, apparently, his software makes it very tiny. Oh well. We'll keep looking for the solution. oops - I did not notice the Santa doggie sitting in on the Hanukkah celebration until now.)



Anyway, you don't celebrate something for 8 nights and not end up with a few photos, right? Carl was the most into it. He'd ask all day long, "Can we light the menorah?" "Why, Buddy?" "I want a present!"
The votive cup menorah looked pretty when the candles were burning, but the cups got very hot and they ended up sticking to the mantle by the end of the evening. I tried those fake tea lights, too, but they weren't bright enough to be seen.
A friend of ours sent a painting project for the kids. Carl wouldn't paint his dreidel, but Gretchen had a lot of fun doing hers.
By the eighth night, you get to see all the gear... the knife for wax digging, the ugly lighter, even a week's worth of wax drippings....

1 comment:

  1. I love the video of them singing as well as the artistic shots of the menorah... very cool!! I think it's cute to see Carl's Mickey Mouse in some of the pictures too. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete