Just tonight in the car....
big pick-up truck passed us, then cut back in from of the car ahead of us.....
Carl: He. drives. like. a. main. eeee. ack!
Gretchen: Why did the toothbrush move? (this is her newest original joke. I think it is creepy. She thinks it is a riot!)
Carl: I don't know.
Gretchen: Because it was alive!!!
Carl: (over her laughter) That's not funny.
Lew & Me: close to peeing our pants laughing at Carl, although Gretchen thought we were lovin' her joke
______________________________________________
Yesterday morning in the car, Gretchen told Carl, "You crack me up!" and he replied, "No, you crack ME up!". This went back and forth 4-5 times before Gretchen asked me, "What does "crack me up" mean?" I told her it means you make me laugh and she said, "I thought it meant crack like an egg." I love how pre-schoolers can be so literal as they learn the sayings of our language.
______________________________________________
Oh, not a quote or from the car, but here's something funny. Carl has started answering the phone. If he is in my mother's room and the phone rings, he'll grab the spare one and start talking. He has so far spoken to 1. his teacher from school when she called to say our book order was in. 2. my mother and 3. a guy from the Talking Phone book. He thinks it is Lew on the phone (and since that last time, it was Lew on there with him he now has reinforcement). With Miss Diane, if you ask him who he spoke to, he'll tell you, "It wasn't Daddy." But, he actually does carry on a conversation. Honestly - Miss Diane thought he was Gretchen!! Woo Hoo Carl!!! But, know we know we have to race to the phone because if it rings too long, he'll be answering it.
______________________________________________
Not as funny, but back to the car theme... and a first here... Tuesday, on our way home from the Children's Museum - so downtown - Gretchen opened her door! I mean, I looked back and saw daylight! Luckily, we didn't lose anything. Obviously, the child strapped into a car seat wasn't going anywhere, but still, we have a lot of toys and books back there. I pulled over and shut it for her. Now, we'll lock the doors from up front before pulling away. Well, it's a hard habit to start, but I'm trying. She reminded us tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment