Monday, May 31, 2010

May family photo on Memorial Day

I've been keeping up with the self imposed challenge - even if it seems the final day of each month I am scrambling to get a photo of all four of us.

Happy May! (all wearing flag shirts even if you can't see them. Mine & Lew's both say 2000, Carl & Gretchen's match each other and read 2008. I don't think they will get another year out of theirs.)
I seem to prefer prime lenses. I like the idea that the lens does one thing and does it well. I have heard many people say prime lenses are sharper images than zoom lenses. But, it means I have to do any zooming in or out with my feet. And sometimes, I am too lazy to get out of the lawn chair and back up. So, I missed the chance to get more of their bodies in this shot. I am happy you can see both of their hands hugging each other, but sad I missed the full arms and all of her hair. Any of you who have witnessed photos with Carl & Gretchen in person know, there was no re-staging or second chance for me. As their teacher taught them this past year, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

No comments:

Post a Comment