Friday, April 9, 2010

quote for the week

Gretchen: Mommy, do you know what I used my wishing star wish for? I wished you would make an apple pie.

me: But you don't even like apple pie.

Gretchen: But Lindy loves it and then maybe he could come over and enjoy it with us.



(P.S. We invited him over for next Saturday! Of course, Lew told him this story and now I am obligated to make him an apple pie! Oh well, there are a lot worse things in life than being forced to bake eat an apple pie, right??)

(oh boy...P.P.S.!! I have since learned that Lindy will have someone visiting him from Germany and he is bringing his guest along for dinner! And, since it was my husband who brought me this info, he did not know if this guest was male or female and got no idea of the age. But, he did assure me he will find out if it is OK to serve meat. How much do you want to bet that is the only question he asks? I won't be surprised if he comes home still not learning gender, age or how Lindy knows the person. Still, it should be a fun evening!)


________________________________________________

editted to add photos...

here's the apple pie with wishing stars on it...

this is my blog... so I will tell it like it is... I make awesome pie crust! Look at those flakes!


1 comment:

  1. That is one amazing pie. Stellar even! And a beautiful pie plate.

    Hugs to you guys. I was just looking through your blog. LOVELY pics.

    ReplyDelete