
Then, we saw the crowd gathering over by the grass, so we headed over. They had separate areas for different ages. The eggs were just sitting on the lawn - not hidden. We waited for the bunny - a cool Navy Easter Bunny - to give the go ahead and then everyone dashed towards the eggs and picked up as many as they could. It was more of an Egg Scramble than Hunt, since all the eggs were in plain sight. I'm not kidding, the entire thing took less than 30 seconds! Gretchen managed to find about 8 eggs. Carl picked up 2. He was just as happy as she was! 

Then we headed over to the petting zoo. They had a llama and some goats and then also some yellow baby chick. These poor little chicks were being picked up by every kid there. Carl was one... he literally reached right in and grabbed one up. Gretchen wouldn't hold one because she said their feet were too sharp, but she did pet them. 
Next was the pony ride! I thought for sure at least one (G) would be scared, but they loved it! They basically smiled the entire time. When they got off and came back out to us, we asked them if they wanted to go over and play some games. Carl replied, "I want to play this game again."


We did play one more game before heading out. They each did a bean bag toss. Gretchen stood back nice and far and didn't get any in. Carl stood about 4" from the target and got all 4 in! They each earned a lollipop - no penalty for getting too close, I guess!
The whole thing was only about an hour, but that was nice. No one got buggy from waiting in lines or being there too long. And they had fun yet were happy to head for the car and their water cups.
It was a great way to end our vacation! We've had such a great week!! Oh. yesterday, Carl's therapist came over to play and chat. It was great! We managed to keep her here for an hour and a half!! As she was pulling out of the driveway with her window rolled down, Gretchen was yelling, "I love you Ashlie!" and so Carl yelled it, too... nice and loud!! I should have, too! It's back to school next week, but that's OK. I don't think we could keep up the fun much longer without some disappointment creeping in. Now, we're already looking forward to spending time in NY this summer!! No pressure, Guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment