Monday, May 5, 2014

food!

Lew was out of town all last week, so the kids and I were on our own for meals.  One night, we had the school Arts Night, which I did a lot of work behind the scenes on - so that evening, we left school after setting up and we ate out before returning to school for the event.  But, all the other nights - we ate at home.

One night, we made our own pizzas.  Carl loves meat.  So, he has:  hamburger, pepperoni, crumbled Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, American bacon, a chicken nugget cut up and fish sticks cut up on his pizza!  Gretchen had cheese only.

Another night, Gretchen requested "pancakes like at Grammie's  Diner".  I usually make Bisquick pancakes with extra milk, so they are flatter and not cakey.  Well, if I was going to compete with The Diner,  I needed big and cakey.  Found a nice easy recipe online and my plate-sized cakes were a big hit!  They enjoyed getting to put on their own decorations, too.
Gretchen's
Carl's  (that is whipped cream, not butter)


Lew is back home now and my cooking excitement has already started to fade.  I did get to bake cookies for camping this past weekend.  They were a big hit with the scouts and the parents!  I love baking.  Cooking, eh, not so much.  I guess panCAKES are leaning towards baking.

mmm.......   cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment