Monday, October 14, 2013

Field Day

Friday was Field Day at school.   Our school does this in the fall instead of the end of the school year like northern schools do because the weather is nicer in October than May.  They had 14 stations and the kids rotated through at 7 minute intervals.  I photographed all day long.  I can say, K-2 students are quieter than 3-5 students.  I wouldn't say they are better listeners, just a touch quieter.

Carl said his favorite game was Tug of War because on the 4th time, his team won.


My favorite was the Dress-Up Relay.


Gretchen's was actually an obstacle course that had sprinklers at the end of it and a wading pool FULL of water in the middle of it.  My kids enjoyed the sprinkler but did not step into the pool.  Most of the other kids jumped right in!  I sent a full change of clothes.  Even underwear and shoes.  They had a Sponge relay and a Water Cup Filling contest as well, so both kids needed to change clothes, but not shoes.
Carl's partner gave up after 2 tries at the 3 Legged Race - so he needed a new partner!   We did not fall down, so I consider that a win!  


 Even the teacher enjoyed this station!

They had a good time playing all morning with their class.  I took a group photo of every class in the school.  I was not going to post ours for privacy reasons, but I am getting such a kick out of how tall Carl is, I will share a version of it....


He looks as tall as the teacher!  And, currently, he is hungry all the time... which means, he is growing again!  He is up to 5.5 size shoes.  I need to locate some snow boots for December in NY and all the potential hand-me-downers aren't that big anymore.  You know I am not going to pay full price for a pair to maybe wear once or twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment