Saturday, September 7, 2013

a quick bike ride today

This morning, we did the Home Depot Kids' Build workshop.  Then, after lunch, we loaded the bikes into the car and headed to the school playground to see if they remembered how to ride.  Gretchen took off...  and then, after a few laps, Lew did stop her long enough to raise her seat.  Carl's bike was also not as high as it seemed at the beginning of the summer.  Well, we have been feeding them - and there was that day a week ago when we met friends at the school playground after school when it poured cats and dogs and all the kids played out in the rain and got soaked together.  Add in the water park time - and all that counts as "watering them", too.

Carl grumbled at first, of course.  After all, he is Carl.  I will never be able to steer.  I will never be able to ride this bike.  (blah blah blah... get back on the bike, Boy.)  When he did, he rode completely around the track without stopping at all.  Awesome!!!  Then, he crashed into a fence.  Not awesome.  So, Gretchen kept riding, but Carl stopped.  I borrowed his bike without raising the seat and rode around once.  Then, Lew rose the seat up and he rode several times around, too.  There are pictures of both Lew and I riding.  You will not need to view all of those.

After I toss these picture up here, we're heading to the water park for the last Saturday of the season.  Weekends here are anything but relaxing!







No comments:

Post a Comment