Sunday, September 22, 2013

18 years ago

It was pouring rain as we drove from Buffalo to Latham.  Today, it sprinkled here a bit.  Just enough to make Lew not have to mow the lawn.

I worked in the church nursery this morning.  The kids and Lew did a little yard work on the soggy lawn.  We watched football.  People played Webkinz and Minion Rush on various internet devices.  I sewed a Halloween costume for a friend's son.  Then, we went out to dinner.  Lew ordered stuffed chicken.  Carl had mini cheeseburgers.  Gretchen ordered a peanut butter and apple sandwich and I had cinnamon-chipotle pork chop with mango margarita glaze on a maple sweet potato puree with deep fried okra.  18 years ago, I ordered pork chops in  Cajun jerk seasoning with a mango vinegrette.  Honestly, I do not think I have ordered pork chops in a restaurant other than these 2 times.  All our food tonight was delicious.

Happy Anniversary to us!!


1995.....
Lew's dinner.  Top sirloin marinated in dijon and cracked pepper.  (it really does help to write on the back of photos)

my pork chops in Cajun jerk seasoning with mango vinegrette


2013......
Lew's dinner.  Chicken stuffed with bacon, cheddar and havarti topped with barbecue sauce served with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

my cinnamon chipotle pork chop with mango margarita glaze served with deep fried okra on a maple-bourbon sweet potato puree

September 1995

September 2013....  Carl had a headache and his medicine hadn't kicked in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment