Friday, July 12, 2013

it rained today

Wow, did it rain.  The pond came almost up to the deck and the ceiling in the living room leaked again.

I did let the kids go out and play in the big puddle out front for a while.  I don't let them play out back when the pond comes into the yard because that is just gross.  Who knows what bacteria is in there.  I could just remind Carl about the fish poop.  (vacation reference, you have to hear about that later when I do vacation photos and stories)

So, here are a couple shots from today's rainy activities!

She has a long sleeved shirt on, then a bread bag on her arm, then this rain coat.  the cast stayed perfectly dry - although her hand got very sweaty.



 Here is the back yard.  You can't see them - but my azalea bushes are under water back there somewhere!

Once back inside, we made dough to make soft pretzels and then while that was rising, they made some forts in the formal living room.  Gretchen wanted to sleep in hers, but we talked her into rebuilding it in our bedroom and sleeping on the floor at the foot of the bed.

The pretzels came out great!!  It was a pretty good rainy day for us!  Well, aside from the leaking ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment