Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Did I miss anything?"

You are supposed to ask that.  Yes....  here's what we have been up to.

Grandma visited for a weekend while she was in NC for a funeral.

The Children's Museum has a new sponsor for their grocery store exhibit... Trader Joe's!  I knew they were switching over, but did not tell Carl so he was surprised and so happy when we went there to play the day they re-opened the exhibit!

 Molly and Angus turned 12 on March 8th.  They celebrated with baby food peas and pumpkin muffins.  Gretchen & I made them a present... a cardboard house to play in and sit on.  Got our March family photo in, too.

I got a new lens for my camera!  I am normally a prime lens person, but I bought a nice zoom lens to have in my bag.  I got a Nikon 18-200 mm which means I can stand across the room and shoot face shots like these....

Time playing out back in the nice "winter" weather.

We took the training wheels off the bikes.  This is the first day.  I didn't bring my camera out for the second attempt - that was a trip to the school playground to use the track to learn better on.  Both kids just took off there!  We need to work on being able to start yourself, but they are really doing great with balance and riding otherwise.  We are shopping for a nice (used) bike for Carl because he is so big.  He needs a 24" bike!

Grammie has arrived and we are getting ready to go to school later today.  She is going to read to the class.  I'll have more pictures from her visit soon.  But, for now, you are mostly caught up.

1 comment: